The real deal... one day at a time.

Monday, June 25, 2012

This is not my first post, technically...

Hi to any and all who find me here in my new blog.
I gave up on ever getting back into Dinnerland and decided to officially move on and look at it as a fresh start.

Things are going really well, in fact, so I am happy to get moving in a new direction...
It's 8:37 EST / US as I write this, and I'm on my bed, contentedly sipping a cup of coffee after a very healthy eating day.  Yay me.

I don't have a weight to share right now--I am not getting on the scale for a few more days at the very least-- but I will determine my weight soon.  For the time being, and knowing that my clothes are still snug, I'm sticking to my new plan (see below) and will wait until getting on the scale won't be discouraging but motivating.  I know my clothes that well, really and truly.  And let me tell you, just a few short days of eating right are beginning to pay off with loosening waist bands!

I have a bunch of new plans that are working, but the key to my most recent success is that I've simply cut out bread, rice, pasta, sweets, and chips virtually all the time.

I'm focusing on lean proteins, fruits, and veggies.  Getting back into those band rules, which include eating when hungry only, drinking lots of water, chewing a lot, focusing on quality foods and so many more lessons.

But I believe the key change is the limitation of those foods that are most toxic to me-- the simple carbs.  The more I eat, the more I want, the more guilty I feel, the more I want to feel better, the more I eat, the more I want... you get the picture.

Here are a few pictures from my trip to Jamaica! More blog design and info to follow.






3 comments:

  1. Hi V! I knew you were on vacation. Looks like you had a great time. I totally get the start over. I feel like the queen of starting over sometimes

    And carbs are devil food. I am convinced. Be wel and keep posting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete