The real deal... one day at a time.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Been remiss and absent

I have to say, I miss my old blog-- and I have tried to get in touch with Blogger to get back into Dinnerland, but I really need to let that go already.

I've been struggling, struggling to find my groove-- and perhaps I've found it, but I am not seeing anything at the scales yet.  Strangely enough, several people asked me if I've lost weight when I am sure I haven't since my clothes are fitting the same.
WTF?

Whatever: I am not giving up, which is my favorite theme, as you know.
I am quite distressed that my thinnest clothes in my closet are super tight-- I could wear a lot of them, but I find it to be a punishing reminder of the backslide.

Nevertheless: I continue my work.

My newest theory, which is not a new theory, but an attempt to go with some of the basic knowledge that is 'proven', is to try to eat the same things (more or less) on a daily basis.  This takes a lot of the decision making and calorie counting out.

My plan is also based on me deciding when to eat, when hungry-- so it wouldn't be useful to call things breakfast, lunch or dinner...here goes with what I am considering:

coffee w/ milk, creamer through the day--
1/2 scooped out/ toasted bagel w/ lite cream cheese and jam or marmalade-- found a bagel that has 5.5 grams of protein per half with 150 calories before I scoop out the soft part of the bagel
egg/ veggie 'cup' (I am experimenting with making these with a combo of egg/ egg whites, lite cheese, spinach, tomato in cupcake pans-- then freezing them to be unfrozen for a protein snack sometime during the day)-- somewhere between 100-150 calories
fruit serving-- and any additional fruit if hungry
protein w/ veg for 'evening meal' (dressing allowed on salad)
option: glass of wine (this uses anywhere from 150 to 200 calories, so not every day)
dessert of protein bar or 2 pc's ghiradelli chocolate

Clearly: the calorie count could be variable based on the structured choices, but here would be a sample day (taken partially from where I am at in my day so far):

Coffee w/ tbs hazelnut creamer and splash of milk-(counting for whole day, in case I have more)
     100 calories
1/2 bagel w/ cc/ jam
     150
Egg/ veggie cup
     150
Fruit (watermelon)
     80
Protein w/ veg (Sushi dinner)
     600
Wine
     200
Protein bar
     200

~1500 calories

I would like to see how that rolls out and that counts on consistency on my part... so I can't say that I will be 100% on target all the time-- but I am going to do my very best.  I've filled the structured eating with foods I enjoy and choices, but not too many so as to confuse.  I've also filled the day with choices I can find ANYWHERE, when are you out and cannot find a bagel or a roll? Or a piece of fruit? Or at dinner where there isn't fish with vegetables ( my preference.)
As for dessert-- I'll keep that at home, so I can control it, and I don't need a 200 calorie protein bar each night, but it is there.  I can just as easily have a cup of tea with milk and honey and perhaps no sweet (we'll see) or 1 pc of dark chocolate.

I'll report back, but I want my pride in myself and my sense of self as a thin and proud of it person back-- I don't have that now because I have gone into that cycle of 'try/ fail/ be depressed/ try again'.  Urgh.
To end on a positive note: what I'm planning is doable with my band, all I need to do is DO IT.

6 comments:

  1. Well done for getting back with it, sometimes it seems like the only thing to do is be depressed about things not working in the way that you hope they would but approaching it so positively is the best thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I hear every word you are saying. I am in the exact same boat...on that cycle of starting to feel out of control b/c I can't seem to lose weight right now. I am going to try your "new" old theory...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good planning. You can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why cant you pick up on your old blog? Once you make it and set it up isn't it yours?.... let me know.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost the password to my old blog!! I cannot get in ...

      Delete
  5. Yippie....I found you!

    Anyone who tries as hard as you do ...should be successful....how about not trying so hard?

    Just a thought!

    XO

    ReplyDelete