The real deal... one day at a time.

Friday, July 13, 2012

.1 makes a difference and Nk+

Hey y'all.
So I saw Dr. K and was down 2 pounds from my last visit.
Holding steady at my current weight of 166-- and am grateful that I stopped the gain and am working towards a loss...

Got a .1 fill from Dr. K and a great tip-- who knows about the N*ike+ Band? It is a fancy pedometer and mine just arrived.  Dr. K recommended it (she was wearing one when I saw her...)

Anyway: I am so excited about it, especially since I continue to walk about 45 to 50 minutes a day with 'le dog'-- thanks doggy!!!

Anyway: I am still really, really struggling to understand the new blogger formatting-- it is not intuitive and easy for me to post.  Sigh.  But I am glad to see friends check in and I don't want to quit my blogging.

Barbara- tx for the lovely comment! I was pretty happy with the pix considering.

One other observation: so much of my view of myself in the mirror is psychology... that is why I need the scale (I know it is not for everyone.) But I went from feeling pretty 'fat' to feeling much better after I got some needed encouragement (and not even a whole lot- I am considered to be a pretty experienced bandster and it is 'in and out' even more so now than ever...) from Dr. K.

The bottom line is always: if you lost weight since last time-- ALL GOOD to go.
So, I was happy that she was approving.

Nevertheless, I know how much getting those 2 pounds down and my overall control that I had to exert 'cost' in terms of time, effort and fear... so I am glad for that .1 and am taking it for a ride.  Glad to say that I am eating all textures and doing well.  Just much less craving and smaller portions.

Have I said: I love thee band? It is a really good method for me... I may not be skinny-- but I consider my weight loss and my ongoing efforts and my ability to be so much further down the scale such progress.
Now if I could only lose another 5 to 10 pounds... but I am super happy that I've gotten control and that I'm keeping it up y'all.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment