The real deal... one day at a time.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I wish it were easier to log!

I haven't found the answer-- are you getting annoyed with me yet?
I am annoyed with me about this.... but I also understand that logging is HARD and that is why it is not always a successful venture.

I logged ALL of my food through dinner last night-- and then fell right off the track of logging.
Now: meaner or less forgiving individuals might just say 'well, just do it'-- but somehow: it's not working.

Perhaps, because it is so easy for me to log during the DAY, I should concentrate all of my best energy on logging at night?
Of course: another answer is to decide what I'm going to eat at night, and then limit it to that list of foods/ portions for a few days, and THEN it will be easy to log.
All good thoughts-- but which is the answer? Maybe all of them are the answer?

Have you ever wished you were someone else? I am having one of those moments... I wish I were not this stupid person who had to worry about these things. But that is a trap as well: by the time anyone is in her 40's, she needs to be taking care of her eating and focusing on keeping things under control lest the middle age spread come about.  The 40's= The great equalizer in weight control.

The only difference is that those who were skinny or the right weight their whole lives are just starting up their journey of discovery of weight control-- they might even be rightly challenged or excited! I am not either of these... I am just annoyed.
Sigh.

I'm glad I"m posting this-- this is the true story of someone with a lap band, close to 3 years out.  It works if you work it, and the harder and better you work it, the better it works.
Every day is a new day-- including this day. I hope to have a better report for y'all later or tomorrow.
Until then: stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. I feel you. I am in the same predicament the last few days. I eat really well until about 4:00 pm and then the head hunger starts. The snacking is pretty out of control, and though I do log it all... I think, 'WTF am I doing?!' But do nothing to change it. Stupid lady days. :(

    Anyway, long story short: you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close to 3 years for me too! Really close.

    As you know, I am not a logger. For me, it backfires. The more I focus on food, the more I eat, at least in the long run. The more I let go and follow my TRUE hunger, (yes, intuitive eating) the better I do. I no longer crave sweets. Ever! At all!

    I have not gained an ounce in a year - the first time in my LIFE I've ever been able to say that! Getting in touch with my true hunger and needs has been key for me. Logging food completely screws that up, but that is just my experience. You need to do what works for you.

    You are doing great! Give yourself some credit and take some time to be thankful. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do better when I just plan what I will eat each day. It's the wine that throws off my logging:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped logging. It was too overwhelming. I plan my meals now. Try not to get caught without a food plan. Less stressful. When I did log... I used an ap on my iphone so I could do it right away. No time for that now. I am on to obsessing about exercise. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish it was easier. Sending good thoughts your way

    ReplyDelete