The real deal... one day at a time.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Damn I need to post more...

I am still in it-- and I keep thinking: I've gotta post, I've gotta post.
And then I feel like I shouldn't because I've lost so much ground with being in contact with so many people-- not to mention my total 'stuckness' at 166.
Groan.

I mean: I am glad I am not stuck at 185, 170 or whatever: but it is discouraging to be virtually 10 pounds up from my lowest weight after banding.
I am not giving up but I keep on restrategizing all the time.

The latest experiment has been working with my Nike fuel band-- and low and behold, it is not helping me take off any pounds.  Why: because exercise alone simply will not do it.

For any and all of you out there who are like: *Headsmack*-- why are you such a moron? Eat less, and you will lose weight.
Thanks a lot!
I wish it were that simple-- but it is not.

But I'll keep on trying and I'll try to keep the blame and shame to a minimum as I sort things through... I just don't want to put on another pound and I really want to gradually climb back down that scale.
 I believe there is a wire I can trip in myself, but this week is definitely wrong for reasons related to stress that I cannot discuss on my blog.

Suffice it to say that I am taking meetings again-- and have been for several months-- but not sure if anything will bear fruit. We will see.

I know that making any changes in my weekly place I go would probably kick off some major motivation in the way of needing to do some serious suit shopping-- but let's take a step at a time, as I've been doing this dance (with different partners!) for a while.

Le sigh.
Keep on keeping on band friends.

3 comments:

  1. Don't stress too much about the weight... sometimes our bodies need to hang out and party for awhile before burning off more. ;)

    How do you like the Fuelband? Do you find it motivating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely not simple to just "eat less" that's why keto is working so well for me... I get to eat more, if I want... but since I'm not eating carbohydrates I get and stay full quickly because fat and protein are both really satiating. That's the only thing I can account for my recent losses (God knows I'm exercising, but that's NEVER helped me lose weight), without keto I'd probably be back in the 170-180's.

    You just have to find your own path - sometimes it takes a while. Just find something you can stomach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you do, don't stop exercising! You are on the right track.

    Honestly, I can't believe how little I eat and maintain - not lose. At this point I am just happy to have a band that is still working, no problems, no fills or unfills for at least 18 months and perfect restriction. But my body is happy where it is! So be it.

    Hope you are well and the meetings are fruitful. xoxox

    ReplyDelete