The real deal... one day at a time.

Monday, August 27, 2012

DId I tell y'all about the equestrian leggings?


Well, if I didn't-- here they are!  I found them online and became totally obsessed with them and had to have them... this is me yesterday morning before I went on a hearty hike with an old friend of mine.
It was great-- and if you're wondering why I am wearing those boots: you probably don't hike or are not allergic to poison ivy or enjoy getting your feet wet.
(But if that makes no sense, I'm wearing the boots in the thick of summer because ticks are an issue with exposed skin and ticks carry disease (ick), I am highly allergic to poison ivy so exposed skin is a double no-no, AND I hate hiking, running or walking when my feet get wet.)

Anywho: today is a planned smoothie/ soup day.

Here's the plan:
-Mixed berry smoothie with 2% fage base--w/ parsley for breakfast (already have had half this morning)
-Smoothie or protein shake for lunch
-Smoothie or soup for dinner
-Coffee, lo cal beverages through the day
-Water, of course
-Protein bar if wanting a 'treat'
Goal: respond to hunger and nourish myself with planned nutritious smoothies as above.
No deprivation!

NO alcohol as per my during the week (as per my previous plans)
Additionally: and you may think this nuts to even plan out, but: I am switching my shower time to evenings as of today.  This takes up some of that open 'snack time' away in the evening, and will encourage a really solid job of brushing and flossing my teeth- that would subsequently make me miserable to eat anything afterwards because of ruined taste buds.
Smart, eh?

Why am I on liquids today, you may be asking...
I am doing this to simplify my eating, and because I can do it during the week... it's pretty easy to do and I love the idea of all of the easy and healthy nutrients I can get in (fruits, veggies, dairy. non-meat proteins) very easily.
That: and I feel like a little adjustment of my overall solid food choices is in order to help me out-- so: voila.

I am also 1 week away from my stay-cation, during which I intend to 'spa-bliss' it out at my very own home.  I don't want to go into the stay-cation feeling not at my most healthy and tip top starting shape. I like to spend stay-cations (haven't had one in quite some time) focusing on me, my health, my exercise and organizing my life.  I won't feel as good if I don't go in from a more balanced place.

Anyway: hope this all makes sense. I'll be back later or tomorrow to report back on the day of yummy smoothie/ shakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment