The real deal... one day at a time.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Keep what works, adjust the rest

I have never been a fan of touchy feely 'love yourself' stuff-- but the idea of accepting mistakes and moving ahead, while also acknowledging results is a great one.
The key to all of that above working is a CONSISTENT approach-- and that is what I typically lack.

In any case: yesterday, some of my plans worked, some didn't.

So I will keep what works and adjust the rest.
Here goes:
What worked:
-I had a great smoothie for breakfast, totally righteous and healthy with parsley, berries and fage 2%
-I did not drink any alcohol
-I did not eat any dessert
-I ate a small meal when I got home/ and then another small snack before bed
-I managed to stay under 1500 calories (but I was aiming for 1200)
-Showered in the evening right after returning home-- gave me time to consider what to eat for dinner rather than just busting in and eating whatever I grabbed

What needs adjusting:
-I ate too much early in the day, which made me feel trapped and that I didn't 'have much left' by the end of the day, which then challenged me and made it harder
-I ate hummus and raw yellow peppers for dinner (YAY!) but also ate it with 2 slices crisp bacon (which I love) and about 2 cups of Pirate's booty for my snack
-The whole day probably had way too much sodium, I wound up eating 25% sodium reduced (but still salty) chicken noodle soup, the bacon and the 'booty', makes me feel bloated today

So what's today's plan:
-Smoothie for morning meal (I have about 16 oz of smoothie that I prepped for hubs and me-- he loves the morning smoothie, which encourages me to make it for both of us!), so this can be two mini-meals at some point in the morning): again, a very healthy prep with 2% fage, light soy milk as a 'base', mixed berries and peaches and a few sprigs of mint- yum!  Water is also part of the base, so I get some additional water in the mix
-No alcohol (one day at a time to skip this habitual glass of wine during the week which is unneeded calories)
-Shower in the evening to gather thoughts about appropriate dinner
-Add a veggie to dinner
-Water and mind the sodium!!!
-Keep track of eating to aim for under 1500 calories-- looking more towards 1300 or less


4 comments:

  1. Are you getting in at least 60 grams of protein a day? Maybe a soon of protein powder in our smoothly would help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi~ New follower! I love your plan - I'm pulling my S H together today and planning ahead - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH ~duh! I just saw that it was you and you have a new blog! Sill me... your planning still rocks and I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great plan...I sometimes do that and then I have to re-evalute what I am eating in the morning so that I get more bang for my buck. Make sure if you are taking in calories they are calories that will keep you full the longest....ie..protein...not carbs. I notice that meats keep me full longer so I switched my evening meal to be something real filling. Lately that has been lunchmeat wrapped around a cheese stick and grilled...they are so yummy and two of them keep me full long time baby!

    ReplyDelete