The real deal... one day at a time.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Non food treats

I love me some comfortable weekend clothes... and I love me some Athleta!
I found a great pair of tactical denim pants in their catalogue-- but the idea of spending $148 on a pair of tactical stretch denim jeans just slayed me.

So I went searching on the interwebs and found me some stretch denim/ sports denim equestrian 'tights' jeans that are boot cut and I done went and ordered 'em y'all.
Here is a picture of NOT me-- the model- from the catalogue... I can't wait for these to arrive, and I will share how they turn out.  (These were on sale for $69 per pair, and since they are were on sale, I picked up 2 pairs, thinking that if I love them, I won't be able to find them again-- and if I hate them, they are BOTH going back.)


My hubs, who happens to be a great fashion consultant, was also in on this gig-- he helped me choose the Kerrits pants (that's the brand) vs. Athleta, because he thought the boot cut would be most flattering. He's the best!!

Here is a snap of the Athleta denim that I passed up--Click to see the $148 jean-- I am too lazy to copy that picture.

Also, here I am with 'Sunday on Sunday' (our dog's name is Sunday and it was my dumb idea.)


Sunday actually also is called 'bad kid' in our house- and I often sing her theme song, to the theme from "Bad Boys" (the theme music used on the "Cops" show from a number of years back...):

"Bad kid, bad kid, what ya gonna do?
What ya gonna do when you are a bad kid?"

Good thing I am NOT a lyricist for a living, huh?  
But it is so annoying, it is actually funny.

Off to have a bite to eat and then go for a nice jog with the family - I'll jog and the boys will hunt Pokemon in the neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. Those jeans are cute - and way more affordable than the $148 ones. Eek!

    ReplyDelete