The real deal... one day at a time.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Nike progress

Below, you see my Nike fuel band progress and my comments.
I am still figuring it all out- but it is a great tool to inspire me to get moving some more and reach whatever goal I've set.  The only issue I have with it is that it is hard to figure out what "Nikefuel" signifies-- that is a process.
But the bottom line is that Nike fuel can be used as a relative measure of activity- and I've set my Nikefuel goal to burn at least 3000 per day.
This seems like a good level because it takes some effort to get this accomplished (I find myself running back and forth around the house or taking an extra walk with the dog- or even running more in my run/ walks))... but it is a reachable goal. Actually: rather perfect for a 'goal' (smart: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, time limited.)  :-)

But in the big picture, there is still more work to do - as my ultimate goal is always slimming down by at least a few pounds. 
So let's run through the screens I've shared below:

This is the 'week' view-- the green vertical line is my goal of 3000 nikefuel and I think you can see that I've challenged myself about accurately by the making of that goal for each day for 7 days-- but barely eeking it in a few days. I am CONSIDERING upping the amount of fuel, but am staying where I'm at right now until I think it through a bit more.
This is my NF "Trophy shelf"-- it tells my accomplishments (according to Nike)-- like if a 'soaked' a goal by doing more than 50% more than the goal and milestones of reaching a certain amount of Nike fuel over time.  This tool adds up cumulatively- which is kind of fun... I'm already over 100K NF, whatever that may mean.
Here is both the day view (as I am writing this early in the morning-- with only a brief walk with my dog under my activity belt, not even to 400 NF yet) and a view of my number of days of meeting goal (my 'streak') which is currently 7.  I don't really care much about the 24 number-- not sure, but I think that is the total number of active days. I'll sort that out - I am most concerned with keeping on pace and keeping up a long 'streak' of reaching goals that I set.
I think this one is my favorite: I am so competitive. I love to see that I am smoking women of my age in my activity level. The fact that I am doing this through MOSTLY walking and a bit of jogging shows that the users of this tool who are in my 40 to 48 age group are not major atheletes... but it still feels good and it is one of the things that is spurring me on!
... and here is the month of August.  I just realized that the colors correspond to the lap band colors for fills-- you WANT to be in the green-- red SUCKS and yellow ain't helpful neither!  So, overall: not a bad showing for August... and it is another reason I want to keep my goal consistent and attainable. I CAN DO 3000 per day- but when I pump up the expectation, I sometimes just feel like giving up because I'll 'never make it.'  Weird psychology, but very true.

No comments:

Post a Comment