The real deal... one day at a time.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Planning planning

Ronnie asked how yesterday went in terms of my planning...
My report back is that I had the smoothie for breakfast, and then all hell broke loose with a really bad migraine screwing the better part of my day.
I drank coffee and a diet pepsi in the morning (some water, but probably not enough) and in the afternoon I ate 1/2 protein bar and then several handfuls of smartfood popcorn. (I know that this is not what anyone would say is a super balanced and healthy day-- but I didn't eat a great deal.)

Got home from work and went right out to dinner, where I ate healthily, but too much overall b/c I didn't eat enough earlier: salad w/ grilled chicken and a few bits of escarole with sausage appetizer-- and a piece of bread. Had a glass of wine AND frozen yogurt for dessert.
Not my best day but hardly the world's greatest disaster either.

On to today, Saturday-- weekend days are typically a bit more challenging b/c of more opportunity with free time to eat and even be bored.

This day is pretty busy, though: hubs has to go to man TKD testing at our school, so I will be with little one in the morning...
I need to take the doggie for a nice walkie-- perhaps intersperse some running into that walk to boost my exercise.
And then from 5pm to 8pm, hubs (and I) are running a 'parent's night out' at TKD school, long story.  So we'll be busy then... will have a snack before and eat some dinner afterwards.

The plan for today is to AVOID boredom eating, get 3600 Nikefuel (which is a bump from this week's daily goal of 3100, which I then raised to 3200) and hold the line.  Focus on drinking lots of water and crystal light type low cal drinks... my migraine may have been from relative dehydration, not sure.
My key opportunities for accelerating weight loss are typically during the week... AND: glory day-- I have a week off in the Labor Day week.
I especially plan that to be a special spa, me pampering, exercise daily type of week.  Looking forward to and gearing up for that as well by upping my cardio so that I'll be able to really work it out.

2 comments:

  1. You got this today! You'll be too busy to boredom eat, I predict. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you like your Nike fuel band? Does it keep ya moving and motivated?

    ReplyDelete