The real deal... one day at a time.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My weight= same

Yep: I am still in the 166 zone. No changes to report here.
I've actually gotten down to weighing in about once every week or so, not sure if it is frustration or denial.
I have seen comments (thanks Gen, for instance) from some of my long-term blog girls who say: be happy, you're doing great! And I appreciate those comments...
But at the same time: I have to admit that I am dissatisfied.
About 10 pounds lighter: I felt 'thin'-- and now I feel flabby.  Ten pounds makes a difference-- but it is hard to get them the hell off.

Here is my latest plan: I've stopped drinking alcohol during the week. And I'm being more careful about what I eat.  (Ha, that's a new trick-- watch what you eat??)
Every single friggin time I get myself going on the idea to 'diet' it TOTALLY backfires.  I got it in my head to do an Atkins/ Dukan type thing - but that just backfired.  I simple am unable to diet.

I think about K. about Lap Band Gal hero - hi K- and other major lb success stories. I know for a fact that she is not 'dieting'-- she has a way of eating that she got into a long time ago (measuring and weighing food, being careful NOT carefree for eating for the most part... with a bit of coloring outside the line here and there-- at least that's how I see it) that has allowed her to lose the weight and maintain.  This is great.

But I feel like I screwed up my chances of doing that with the lap band on some level b/c I didn't start out with weighing and measuring and I don't seem to be able to get started now.  That is not to say that I have no self-control.  It is just to acknowledge that my eating habits remain in the 'somewhat chaotic' framework, I think.
On the other hand: I believe there are some very predictable things that I do, on a daily basis, eating-wise, and over time, looking at these, I may be able to make some changes.
That's why I've decided to forego the alcohol during the week- but not at the weekends.  It's an easier 'give' during the week-- I get home in the 7pm zone and I don't really 'need' that glass of wine. I thought to myself about it yesterday and hubs offered me a drink when I got home.  No thanks-- don't need it.

So, if I consider the fact that I was having about a glass of wine (generously poured- maybe 8 oz) per day-- if I cut that out 5 days per week and add nothing back in its place, I'm saving about 160 calories per day. If I change nothing else, it will take a while to lose 1 pound-- which requires a 3500 calorie deficit, right? (About 22 days)
That's on the right track but awfully long to lose a pound-- and if I fail in any consistency on this, it will just take longer.
Therefore: I am trying to figure out something else that would shave off some more calories for me so I can speed up the weight loss.

To do that, I need to consider what I eat/ drink on habitual basis... I know I have coffee with creamer every morning-- that's probably about 60 to 70 calories when all is said and done.  But do I want to start drinking black coffee? Ugh!
The other think that I have habitually done, which is not a particular food, but a habit, is have a late evening snack after dinner-- that's simply because I am not entirely satisfied with dinner b/c I don't think I am doing dinner 'right.'
This is going to take more time-- but it may be the answer...

I have been keeping track, and on most weekdays, before I get home from work: I typically consume around 800 calories-- yeah: weirdly consistent.
Hmmmm.
One thing I could try is to switch my evening 'meal' for a few days to something predictable, like Go lean crunch with berries or eggs (breakfast for dinner.) hmmmm.  That might be filling and delicious, and I might then be able to let go of the added 'snack' if I feel like I've had 'enough' for dinner.

I am essentially thinking aloud-- so thanks for listening, but I believe I've got a potential solution here: I am going to try to sit down for a 'heartier' *I had dinner, I should not have a snack afterwards* dinner... rather than a 'well, I barely ate anything, so I can afford a snack' dinner.

Yeah.  Sounds good.
I'm on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment